9.15.2012

Bunny Dining: The Globe

On a Friday night, my bunnies and I headed to SoHo for dinner. It was an unusual combination of bunnies though. Queen Bunny and I joined Biva and Pocket Bunny at a Starbucks. In fact, Pocket Bunny doesn't usually hang out with this group of bunnies. But with her pretty face, I guess she can just do about anything she wants. Anyways, we set off for the British pub Biva recommended.


Source: Openrice

We arrived at the pub at about seven at night. It was already packed with people. Passing by the bar where most people gathered with a beer in their hands, we got a table and sat down because some of us were starved after work.

Oops! That's a very subtle photobomb.

Looking around, I was impressed by the art decoration in the pub. Every where I looked, there was always a piece of art hanging on the wall. On my right hand side there was a collection of photos and next to them were a few paintings. Behind me was a wall full of clocks. Other than the decoration, it was impossible not to notice the noise in the pub, which was probably the only thing I didn't like about The Globe. We had to literally shout for the whole night in order to talk. Bunny Teeth is not the kind of bunny who enjoys being in places thronged with people. Frankly the noise annoyed me to the max. I couldn't even hear Queen Bunny, who sat right next to me. But that was the only flaw of the pub.



The pub only offered à la carte. As we were ordering, the waiter patiently explained to us the ingredients of the dishes. Another waiter also came to us and asked if the food was good. The waiters and waitresses were all very friendly. Their service was superb.


The left drink was Queen Bunny's. It's called Fuller's Honey Dew. This organic beer from the UK first gave out the bitter taste of beer, but with a sweet aftertaste. The taste is very light so it is suitable for people who are not so into beer but feel like drinking once in a while. The right one was mine. It's Tomos Watkin's Cwrw Haf. The Welsh ale, made of malts and floral hops, had a creamy body with a mildly bitter aftertaste. Unfortunately, the pub is going to replace it with new beers soon.


Biva and Pocket Bunny ordered "Pork & Apple Sausages, Mash, Green Peas, Onion Gravy". I only had a few bites of the sausages so I couldn't comment on it much. But since both of my bunnies finished their dishes I guess it tasted pretty good.








Queen Bunny and I ordered "Beer Battered Haddock, Chips, Mushy Peas & Sweet Gherkin Tartar". I loved the tartar sauce. Biva also told us that this dish had the closest taste to the fish and chips he had when he was in the UK. The fish was freshly fried so the batter was very crispy. The thick and big haddock gave out a fresh and slightly salty taste as well. As for the chips, the strong potato aroma just made a huge contrast to the crappy fries in McDonald's (As I had both on the same day). It was like heaven and hell. The chips were super delicious indeed. Both the fish and the chips went very well with the tartar sauce as the slight sourness of the tartar sauce covered the oiliness of the fried food. However, as delicious as the dish was, I still couldn't finish it. So for the people who have small appetites, you may want to share the dish with your friend.

It was Friday night, everybody was happy with their friends. The smiles people put on their face did make the noise a little bit more tolerable. Even though we shouted for the whole night, we had a wonderful night. :)


Shop A, G/F, Graham Street, Soho, Central
Opening Hours: Mon.-Sun. 07:30-21:00

No comments:

Post a Comment